Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 28 January 2020

Floral Birthday Card


This is the card I made for my daughter.     I used Clarity Designer paper for the flowers, leaves, sentiment and the strip down the left-hand side.   I cut the flowers and leaves using a Craftascope die, and then stamped them.   I then shaped them and added a bit of detail with a white Sakura pen, and added some jewels for the centre.  The "brick wall" die was from Paper Roses, which was cut from black card.  I fell in love with this die, as I could see that when cut from card it could also be used as a stencil.  I have added a bit of colour to the "brickwork", so you can see where my thoughts for another use were going.

The peel-off box also came out and I discovered yet more matching peel-offs to edge the strip and add to the corners on the right.   (Peel-offs do tend to get overlooked these days don't they - time for a comeback!)

Below is a close up for the stamped and die cut leaves and flowers.


No comments: