Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 23 April 2020

Doodling - A Kite (2 days of doodling + to be continued)


Today's doodle was a kite, and the doodling will progress on this over the next few days.  I did this first one along with the live Facebook episode.   I was then killing time waiting to be picked up for an appointment at the surgery for an injection - (yes I went Out Out for the first time in weeks!) so I started adding some colour.



I didn't think I had quite got the shape of the kite right - so I drew it again later - and here are the two, side by side


but wait ......... we did more on the second day; adding a tail and doin some shading and I used my second attempt:

......... that looks a bit more like it!  Amazing what a bit of shading with a pencil does!  (and I did a bit more to the coloured one too).

Tomorrow we are going to create a frame and a landscape for the kite!    I am really enjoying my hour of doodling each day, particularly as I never thought I could draw.  OK so I have a little trouble seeing the end of the pen sometimes -you would have thought doing the tail bows was easy, even when you have done them first in pencil - no not for me - I manage to put some of the lines in the wrong place - I think I am doing it. but then realise where I thought the pen was it wasn't!  but hey ho who cares!  It's the overall impression that counts; and as my Dad would say: "A blind man would be pleased to see it" !








No comments: