Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Shortbread


Now for something completely different and a second post for me today.   A friend on Facebook posted the recipe for some shortbread, and it was so like one my Mum used to make that I thought I would make some - as it is years since I made any.  I halved the recipe as I didn't want to make too much - it made 16 slices (yes ok there are only 15 in the picture - but I ate one with a cuppa - well it had to be taste tested didn't it!)

It was quite good - not quite the same as my Mum's - mine was more "toffee" flavoured as I used golden caster sugar -whereas she would have used white.   This recipe used cornflour as well as flour as my mum did, but in this recipe the butter is melted rather than rubbed in - easy peasy (and actually how I make my crumble topping - ever since my daughter melted the butter by mistake when making an apple crumble some years ago ).

No comments: