Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 8 July 2020

Another Resin Green Man


I poured another green man this week.    Really pleased with how he turned out - really shin and glistens in the sun.   I had intended to make his face a bit darker - but couldn't find my darker green pigment at the time.

Because I didn't have a large container to mix the resin ( he does take rather a lot) I had to do two mexes to fill him, by which time I had found my darker green pigment.   I could have done him in two layers, but decided to pour the slightly darker green before the first layer had set - as it started to sink into the first layer, I just stirred the two different colours together in the mould.   Wow loved the effect   The picture below of the back doesn't really do it justice -it looks as though there are lumps in the resin, but no -it is just the different shades.



I have another one to make for a friend - so shall use a similar technique - although I intend to change the colour of his face a little.   I would also like to make one with more autumn colours for his "hair".

I thought I would add a photo comparing the first greenman I did (on the left) with the latest one.   amazing how different they can look with the different colouring.


I love these moulds they are such a pleasure to work with, and the final finish is spectacular.

No comments: