Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Resin Owl



 I poured a resin owl a couple of days ago.    The mould isn't really made for resin, but I thought I would experiment.   He was quite difficult to dust, as he is a very dark mould.   It would have been nice if his chest was more plumage rather than a pattern, as he would be great as a barn owl.    I also used some matt pigments in with the metallic ones, so he hasn't turned out as shiny as I had hoped.    That of course maybe the effect of the mould itself.   He has turned out looking more as if he was made from bronze.

Now that I can see the detail better - I will do another one.  He is very shallow - so would make a good fridge magnet if I attached a magnet to him.

I might try him again as well with a grey "pewter" look.

No comments: