Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 5 July 2020

Something a bit different .....


I had a man's card to make this week, and had no idea what I wanted to use for it.   A mixed pack of stamps, stencil and embossing folder jumped out at me.   Not sure where I got it from - might have been from a magazine, or maybe a special offer through Hochanda, as I think it is an Indigoblu make, looking at some of the samps in the collection.  I decided to experiment!


I used the dotty circle stencil with Artistry Inks (a blue, a red and a yellow) through it straight on to the card stock , and then used one of the script stamps over it, using the same colours.

I cut a piece of card and the embossing folder, and then daubed the three colours again over the  raised parts.  I then applied a WOW embossing ink pad across the whole thing and added clear embossing powder, and heated it to give a glossy finish.   I stamped out the light bulb with the clear ink pad and then used the new WOW Blending Powder, heated it up and applied a blue foil to it.   I then coloured it with Artistry Inks and clear embossed the whole thing.

Finally I stamped and embossed the sentiment with Primary Ebony embossing powder and die cut it, and edge it with some of the red artistry ink.

So completely out of my comfort zone with this card, but as it is for a man who likes steampunk, I hope it fits the bill.

No comments: