Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 13 August 2020

Resin Green Man ........


........ well maybe not green ........
...... I over-calculated the amount of resin needed for the mushroom man - I think I must have forgotten to reset the scales to zero when I filled the mould with water to gauge how much resin I needed - oops!

It was therefore a case of grab a mould quickly to pour in the resin, as typically the mushroom man was the last mould that I filled - so this one has no prior mica powder dusing.   I could paint him if I so desire, but I rather like his colour which was a mix of clear and bronze micas.

By the time you read this particular day's blog I shall hopefully be recovering from an operation on my leg (I am having to have an angioplasty and stent as I have a wound on the back of my heel caused by an slight disagreement with a wheelie bin, which is refusing to heal and is very painful - However, it has done me a favour as I probably wouldn't have known I needed the stent in my leg, as I was showing no symptoms!)

Hopefully by then I will also have another new mould, and then I also plan to buy some different resin which is already coloured black or white - and I need to experiment with those colours and dusting with pigments too!   ðŸ˜ƒ   So watch this space - once I have recovered.



 

No comments: