Going Green Blog Background

Friday 13 November 2020

Leafy Card



Once again apologies for being AWOL.   My crafting mojo evaded me for a while, although I have started the Christmas cards, and I have also been trying to get the garden ready for winter!  I have also had problem with my camera - it is being very temperamental!  (a new one is on the Christmas wish list!)  I have had to scan this card, and it looks much better in real life.

Fitting in with the autumn theme, I have made a couple of cards with a recent purchase of a leaf stencil from That's Crafty.    These are two part stencils with an outer and inner mask.

This is quite a new technique for me, so it was a complete experiment.   The main stencil was brushed with various orange and red Artistry inks, and then the mask was put in place and brushed with various shades of green Artistry inks.   I felt that the right hand sand was a bit "stark" to I took another stencil from the set I bought with smaller leaves, and added a little detail on the right-hand side.  I then removed the outer stencil and carefully added blue around the edge of the mask.

No comments: