Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 31 October 2020

Experimenting in the kitchen



Something a bit different from me.    A few week ago I made these little buns for a change.  Piping some buttercream around the top and this adding some strawberry jam in the middle.

At the time, my daughter said they would be nice with lemon curd in them ...........

 

...... so having bought some lemon curd, I was feeling a tad bored one evening this week, and knocked up this lemon curd variety, using my little tabletop bun maker and a one egg sponge mix.    I added a drop of lemon flavouring to the sponge mix, as well as the buttercream, and then just added the lemon curd (I probably should have warmed it slightly so it filled the centre better, but they were made just for me.    The buttercream is a bit wonky too - but as I said they were just made for me.

I actually got 8 buns for the mix, but I ate one before I took the photo.   I didn't get to eat all of them, as I had visits from my daughter and my son and his eldest daughter, who all approved of the taste!!!!

I think they will be made again - they make a change from normal fairy cakes.

No comments: