Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 23 May 2021

Drawing a Poppy

 


I was watching a demonstration on Facebook where Lou Withers was teaching us to draw a poppy.  Well I though I would attempt to draw one in my art journal.   Not a bad attempt, although I struggled doing the dots (pointalism) shading with my stupid eyesight, but at least you can tell it is a poppy.

She then went on to show us how to draw a poppy in a different way.   I found this much easier, as no "dots" were involved, just pencil shading.  So I was pretty pleased with the result.   I can now say I am not the only person in the family that can't draw (although I am note sure I could do it without a bit of guidance.


Lou is a fantastic teacher and really breaks down the way to draw something.  (These poppies all started out being scribbled circles as a guide, and then we drew the petals, and finally inked them.  I wish I had had an art teacher like her, and discussing that fact with my daughter, she said the same thing - they were never taught to draw!

No comments: