Going Green Blog Background

Monday 24 May 2021

Drawing a Begonia

 


Following on from yesterday's post, I caught up with another drawing lesson of Lou's whilst "listening to the Eurovision contest on Saturday.    This time she was teaching us to draw a Begonia.

Mine is a little different to hers as I had a lot more layers in the middle - so not sure if it is a Begonia (maybe its a double Begonia!), but whatever it is - it is a flower.   Lou's demo used the dot method for shading, but I knew I couldn't do that, so I did my own thing: and having penned in the outlines, I just used a pencil and a blending nib for the shadows.    I am really quite pleased with the end result.   I think I am getting the hang of this now.

I may try again, and this time colour the petals etc in and practise shading that way as well with polychromo pencils and a blending nib.

No comments: