Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Floral Birthday Card


I confess I was very pleased with this little experiment for a friend's birthday card.   It was a simple stamped image from the range by Lynette Jasper called Bloom Baby Bloom,   The images are so pretty, and you don't need a lot else.   However, I also had some stencils called Gritty Dots Pen Guide.   The idea is that you use the dots or shape to outline/enhance your stamp.    I had practised using a pen through the guides, but I wasn't too brilliant with that and would miss some dur to my eyesight, so for this card, I just lightly brushed through the stencil with some versa magic, and loved the delicate effect.
Knowing I struggle with seeing to colour these days, I applied some colour to the stamped image, and then blended it out with a blending nib, thus avoiding the risk of colouring outside the lines!  A quick sentiment was all that was needed to complete the card

No comments: