Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 27 June 2021

Oriental Birthday Card


It's not often I buy a stamp or a die that can't be used in more than one way - but I fell in love with this one by Tutti designs, called Asian Landscape.

I die cut it twice - once in white and once in dark blue mirri card.  I then stuck them on to the card at slightly different levels to create "drop shadow" with the white one.   I think you can just make it out in the photo.  (I was dreading applying the glue to the intricate die, but I had taken on board a little tip I saw by Lou Withers, and put the glue on a sponge, and sponged the glue on - Result!  A lot easier than the way us crafters tend to do it by smearing glue on the back of our hand to try and add the glue!)

I also had some thin "oriental" washi tape - so just add a strip down the side.

 

No comments: