Going Green Blog Background

Monday 28 June 2021

Painting: Inspired by Harlech Castle


I caught up with the Matthew Palmer's "Paint along" the other day, and this is what I produced.   The painted using just three colours - blue orange and red.   The size is 5.1/2 inches x 3.1/2 inches.  So quite small.  I think it is sometimes more difficult to paint small pictures than larger ones,  particularly with my dodgy eyesight - but I do have a nice new daylight lamp that shines directly over my work on my desk!.  Anyway I am quite pleased with it.   

I will own up that there was a slight "hiccup", when I removed the masking tape from under the mountains, which took off part of the paper, but as we then had to "rough" up the sea with a craft knife at the end of the painting to give the impression of surf - it actually did me a favour! - lol!

All my readers will know that I have always said that I can't paint or draw, and I had to chuckle at a pal's comments on this picture "I know you say you can't paint and draw, but just think what you could achieve if you could paint and draw!"    I did reply that it was all down to the great instructions by the teachers, but left to my own devices, I doubt that I would produce anything without guidance!

No comments: