Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 25 July 2021

Paint Pouring and a Resin Geode

 As I am so far behind with blog posts, I am combing two posts today.  I used some of the left over resin from the jewellery to start a geode.    This is the back of the geode, which was the first layer I did.  I didn't like the effect much, so when I poured the second layer I used slightly different colours and some gold leaf flakes.



This was the finished result.



I then did some paint poring with a ready mixed paint kit that I had, which contained various blues, a beige, white, silver and gold.  The silver was brilliant - although you can't appreciate it in the photos.  Maybe when I have either top coated them or resined them it will show up better in the photos.


This first one started off as lines of paint dribbled across the surface - and then I went a bit mad!


This one was poured over the cut off end of a small water bottle - look at that silver!

These three coasters were done with a ring pour - alternating the colours on each one

No comments: