Going Green Blog Background

Friday 19 November 2021

A bit of cooking

 



Something a bit different from me today - a bit of Christmas cooking prep.   Above is what the family call reindeer droppings - Basically a variation of sausage meat stuffing.   Sausage meat mixed with finely chopped red onion and celery, mixed together and rolled into balls.   I then open freeze them ready to be cooked on Christmas Day.    The look festive with the different colours when they are cooked.

I then made some small cocktail sausage rolls - I even made my own pastry this time, as I like a nice flaky finish.    I cut the sausage rolls at a slight angle - that means that the cook gets to eat the trimmings from the ends.   There was a little sausage ad pastry left - so I made some sausage swirls .... these didn't make it to the freezer!






No comments: