Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 31 March 2022

Embroidery - Cosmos and Foxgloves

 



I have often watched the Rowndean embroidery shows, and really loved the effects achieved.   The fact that you can be as random as you like and alter the kit design if you so wish appealed to me.   I also like the rustic nature of the designs, and the used of pieces of chiffon, sequins and beads and different thicknesses of threads used.

I wasn't sure if my eyes would cope, but decided to try a couple of small kits, on the premise of if I couldn't get on with them, I could pass them on to somebody else in the family to complete.   Well I amazed myself/   I manged to cope ok, and really enjoyed doing them.  I liked the fact that I didn't have to be precise, and didn't have to worry about the neatness of the back!  (As I would have it had been something like a tablecloth - you may recall a few years ago I actually finished a tablecloth that my Nan or mother had started some years back!)   This only took me a couple of evenings to do - and yes I actually managed to do in the evening with the aid of my little desk lamp, rather than having to tackle it in daylight!

The embroider for this kit is done on tweed material.   When finished I added some wadding behind it and put it in a proper display frame.



No comments: