Going Green Blog Background

Friday 1 April 2022

Embroidery - Poppies


Having had success with my daisies and foxgloves kit at the weekend, I progressed to the other kit that cam with it.   This time poppies.   Oh wow, another fun one to do.   This one has 3D poppies on it against a background of green chiffon,   The poppies are made from red silk and red chiffon..   The effect in real life is fantastic - the red silk really shines.  I will admit the eyes did have a few problems getting the stitches straight.  My five petal daisies were difficult to space properly, but the six petal ones were ok.   (Note to self next time do 6 petals ones!)  Maybe my ferns are a bit wonky (fly stitch) too, but natures isn't perfect is it?

I am now eager to try some more, maybe a larger one that will take me a little longer to finish.    I am also thinking of finding some of my material stash, and using some stamps to create an image/scene to embroider, as there is still chiffon and lots of threads and beads left over from both kits.   Rowandean certainly don't stint on what they supply.   If you like a bit of slightly different embroidery do treat yourself to a kit.

No comments: