Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 27 September 2018

Hanging Wooden Plank Decoration

Background prep showing marbling spray


I have had this wooden plank decoration hanging around for a few weeks now - It had been built and gessoed but what did I want to do with it?

The original idea was to do some folk art on it. Yesterday was the day I made a decision.  I painted it with Antique White Crystal Glitter Chalk Furniture Paint to which I added some Green Luscious Powder.   I then got out my cans of marbling spray and crackle sprays.  The white crackle spray didn't seem to show up that well ( need to practise again)- but the silver marbling was fantastic.  I will be using that again.





Today I decided to try out a stencil on it.    Initially the idea was to use texture paste and then paint over it - erm - well I got it wrong and the jar I picked up turned out to be clear!  duh!   Undaunted I tried again, carefully repositioning the stencil, and carefully stencilling this time, rather than using a palette knife, with Imagination Crafts Shabby Chic relief paste in Ashy Rose, Sage and Linen colours.
This was relatively successful - I did miss a couple of bits, but touched those up with a paintbrush.  I then went around the edge of the panks with the same relief paste in the rose colour with a sponge.

I took another picture this evening indoors as the piece was sitting on the dining table and the sun was highlighting the relief paste, and showing the dimension better.


Showing the dimension of the relieff paste.
(and more realistic colours)


No comments: