Going Green Blog Background

Friday 28 September 2018

Writing Slope Project


Along with the hanging planks, I have been working on this little project over the past couple of days, and must admit I am pretty pleased with it, albeit the photo doesn't really do it justice as it was the wrong time of day to take a photo really.
.


It started off like this - painted with Crystal Glitter Antique White Glitter Chalk Furniture paint, mixed with Luscious Powders - Mermaid Tresses for the top and inside, Unicron Dreams for the sides, and a smidgen of Penny Dreadful for the escutcheon  (ooo get me I remembered the right word!).




I then added some decoupage with 13@rts multi-purpose gel medium, and then did a coat of the medium all over and inside the slope.

 
with decoupage


I then made some roses and leaves from FMM air dry clay.   It's a while since I made roses properly, normally for clay work I make what I call Marzipan roses - i.e. freehand with no cutters.   However today I used a cutter and Nick Lodge/Katy Sue silicone moulds and mats.  (Am a bit rusty, and my dusting needs brushing up on - pun not intended - another time I will colour the clay first!)

one of the roses

                         

Finished spray of roses, rose leaves and fern.

I also added some spray granite to the sides, and a little gilding wax to the escutcheon.

granikte spray

....and finally another view in a different light:





No comments: